By students, for students
With the support of Ghent University and the ANSER network
Does the complexity of the gender topic fascinate you? Are you interested in today’s global sexuality issues? Always wanted to attend a course about abortion or IVF? Then we’ve got your holiday all figured out! From 5 until 16 July 2020, we organize the 4th edition of our Summer School ‘Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights’ (SRHR) in the vibrant City of Ghent, a medieval town in Belgium.
Within these 12 days, we present you a unique educational program. During these courses, we cover the matter of SRHR, with topics such as family planning, gender, abortion, LGBT, STDs, sexual violence and many more.
- further close collaboration and encourage the intercultural discussion and exchange of information with respect to others beliefs and grounds
- promotion of an insufficiently covered but highly relevant subject within our present society
- emphasizing the internationally recognized Sustainable Development Goals
- training in multidisciplinary consideration of health
Lectures will be given in English by renowned teachers of Ghent University as well as prominent professors of international institutions. The area of expertise of all five faculties will be covered in the lectures and activities.
The full educational program of 2020 will be online upcoming spring, but make sure to follow our social media accounts for lecture and speaker announcements in the upcoming months.
Our Summer School does not only offer you a fine selection of courses, the organizing team also wants to ensure that the participants make the most of their time in Ghent. Therefore, we provide a wide range of social activities in the evening. The mix of nationalities of our participants guarantees an interesting multicultural setting, resulting in long-lasting friendships.
We will make sure that you can discover every aspect of our wonderful city of! You can enjoy the mesmerizing green of our parks and have your breath taken away by our monumental cathedrals, churches and medieval dungeons. Discuss the day’s lectures to the tunes of local musicians and invigorate body and soul with our peerless variety of beer and excellent Belgian cuisine. On Sunday, we visit the medieval city of Bruges. Education and pleasure have rarely – if ever – marched this closely in step!
The full social program of 2020 will be online upcoming spring.
- The program targets undergraduate or graduate students from the Faculties of Medicine and Health Sciences, Law, Psychology and Educational Sciences, Arts and Philosophy and Political and Social Sciences from the 6 inhabited continents, looking to broaden their knowledge and mindset on the subject of ‘Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights’ in an international context.
- This program is not meant to be a continuing educational program to specialize into this field, it’s more a chance to discuss and learn more about an insufficiently covered but highly relevant subject within our present society.
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language in required.
Ghent University does not award credits to the participants of the Summer School. However, your own university might do so. Consult with your own institution for more information on this matter. Also, you get a ‘certificate of completion’, which proves you fully attended the Summer School. This certificate is signed by the rector of Ghent University, the dean of the Faculty of Medicine, and the president of the Summer School. It might help you obtain credits from your university.